Join me on Instagram!

Friday, 12 February 2021

Bam! Final Project for Altenew Academy’s All About Layering 2

Altenew Academy’s All About Layering 2  with Nicole Picadura inspired me to kick my layers up a notch. 

(Side note: whatever happened to Emeril Lagasse?)

This is one of the classes required for my Altenew Educator Certification Program, and it was a lot of fun!  I experimented with layering my flowers ‘out of order’, meaning that I didn’t add the layers in the same order each time. I really like the variation this provides, as it gives the impression that these are multiple different flowers even when there are repeated stamps. 



Rotating the diecut flowers also helped to create that visual variation. 

This is one of the first projects I have done where I layered very different shades of ink, and I love the bold look it gives! I’ve mainly been a colourist in the past so it’s fun to venture into new territory. 

I even layered up the sentiment stamping to help give some depth, and then added white highlights for additional dimension. 


Some dimensional gems and embellishments, and this card was complete! 

Bam!

(Seriously - whatever happened to that guy?!)

PS: Thanks for another great class, Nicole Picadura!

1 comment:

  1. Now I have to google who he is! *comes out from under the rock*
    Incredibly beautiful card Teri!!! I love it soooo! And the details are just phenomenal!
    Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete