Today I’m sharing a mini slimline card I created for my sister-in-law’s birthday. It was inspired by some of the techniques in the Altenew Academy course “Irresistible Inking Techniques” taught by Sara Naumann.
The background was created by inking up an acrylic block and then misting it with water before stamping it on the paper to create three parallel panels.
I used a similar inking technique for the stamps, the Morning Glory mini stamp set by Altenew, and then added a messy, squiggly ink outline and a few details with a fine-tip Sharpie.
It was a lot of fun working with this loose, watery inking technique as it creates more of an impressionist image than the original outline-and-solid stamp set creates.
I added a few holographic details along with a second, darker die-cut sentiment to create a shadow.
This class was a lot of fun. I always love when I’m inspired to make something really different from anything else I would usually make. ☺️
Thanks for stopping by!
💕 Teri
Very artsy!
ReplyDeleteThank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.